A day after rejection

How the hell can you feel motivated the very next day after the rejection? That is precisely what I am feeling. After the interview, in which I was royally screwed in acads, I felt great, because I didn't know acads. Preparing acads is not difficult. You just have to sit down with the books and start reading. What is difficult is to change the attitude! How do I sit with the books?!
As the process is progressing, the belief that the job is a hygiene factor is only increasing. I can now empathize with Maslow and appreciate what he wrote ages ago. A good job, a well-paying job isn't a motivating factor for me. It is only a necessity, because without that, the survival would be difficult. That is the problem. In order to fulfill them, I have to let go of the things that motivate me, keeps the spark alive and makes me tick! I love them still there is a problem. Sala padhna hai. There are so many beautiful and amazing things to do than to read the academics, none of which will be applicable in the actual work. I can easily foresee my future in the office. It is going to be similar: average and ordinary! But that damn thing isn't scaring me one bit. And wtf.. I am loving that :D. This positive energy can be really harmful to people with bad grades! An accomplice in this is a friend with similar grades, attitude and desires! And he encourages me and I encourage him! We are hazardous for each other. He sleeps all day, does random browsing on the net, listens to loud music and shares the same passion for photography with me. And bang! He isn't one bit scared of the future that lies ahead!
The idea of doing what one loves after achieving certain things or milestones is difficult to digest. (And I have just signed into GTalk!) I am usually confused with this prospect. How many years have we spent doing precisely that: exam khatam hone ke bad...., X ho jaye fir karna aram se, Initial few years are for learning. After that you may do whatever you feel like. For first few years, you should work very hard. There are innumerable and similar incidences and statements that I have come across and I have never seen one person who has succeeded in his/her life with this philosophy. I am not condemning them, but these are the people who are most prone to "Monday Blues".
Never mind. Since McGregor or Maslow or McLelland or someone told the world that Motivational factors will come only after the hygiene ones are fulfilled, I am giving respect to them. Going to study for the interviews. More in the next column :).
Have a nice day. May you live in interesting times.

Comments

Shivam said…
An unconventional but an awesome way to start blogging!!!! Keep ip up... :)
kushank said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
kushank said…
Am I supposed to praise you for writing this ? or thrash you for sounding such a loser in life? Go screw yourself more.
Yash said…
@Shivam: I started blogging way back :P, just restarting again.
@Kushank: I never intended to sound like a loser :D. In fact I have written this in amazingly positive frame of mind :)
Shivam said…
hmmm.. nice way to restart bloggin.. but sumwhere i think u need to stay away from that accomplice.... Study for now...
Manan said…
we gotta talk!!
Yash said…
@Manan: :D lolzz... u suck at motivating ;)
@Shivam: hard to :P
ila sharma said…
Keep doing what u do..but just worry more(throw in a BP problem abt it if u can)and u'll get it all.
ila sharma said…
Keep doing what u do..but just worry more(throw in a BP problem abt it if u can)and u'll get it all.
|M|O|H|I|T| said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
|M|O|H|I|T| said…
chatur - It's just a feeling that will obviously come until you get a job. But it is required also, for only this will keep you fighting for the job else you might turn into like your other friend who sounds cool but is actually stupid. You have got to respect M's theory(get hygiene things first). People will motivate you but this thing happens one more time and bamn! you will be back at same place. But the day you get placed, you will only laugh about it. Remember this happened earlier also but then you got better one. So chillax. In fact, you already sound chill. I am happy for one fact that you still remember what you have written in your status. You rock man :)

Popular posts from this blog

My Father - My Superhero

Shyamlal - The jamadar

Hero to Zero