Desire

Watched two movies tonight: ‘Wake up Sid’ and ‘Freedom Writers’. I also watched the ending of ‘The Dead Poet’s Society’. It left me with a nice feeling, of positivity.
There was nothing new in the movies except that most of the people there followed what they loved or wanted badly.
I also felt somewhat stupid with the kind of feelings I got. Every-time I watch such movies or read some article/book, I get all beamed up, to fulfill what I really desire – and then I get stuck. I am always confused about what I really want – nothing big. Most of the people of my age do not know. Most younger to me don’t. Most elder to me don’t either.
I also get confused by the things that attract me most in the movies/books/articles. For instance, what I most loved in ‘Wake up Sid’ was the apartment in which the protagonists lived. It was a small hall which was made beautiful by all the painting that they did: bright colors, small size, carefreeness, bean bags, cleanliness and the view of the sea. Another thing that appealed to me was the office of ‘Mumbai Beat’. It was a rugged building, painted red on one wall, everyone working at a full pace, some loving their work and trying to do creative stuff! Photography became a new thing to explore for me.
‘The Dead Poet’s Society’ was more about rebels and also about doing what you want to – dramatics in the case of the movie.
There was an immense sense of purpose in the last movie – ‘Freedom Writers’.
There are so many thoughts that go through my mind every now and then about the kind of life that I would lead after getting a job; and there are so many other-than-the-job stuff that I wish to pursue. The list is increasing day-by-day. ‘Be Hungry, Be Foolish’ is attracting me all the more.
I wish luck to myself and hope that I get what I want – amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Father - My Superhero

Shyamlal - The jamadar

Hero to Zero