May you live in INTERESTING TIMES....

May you live in INTERESTING TIMES....This is a Chinese proverb. Initially it was supposed to be a curse like we now use "Go to Hell!". But one can look at it from a different perspective. Usually its bad times that brings the best out of people. Change is the name of the game. So, this proverb may be assumed as a High Profit High Loss prospect where if one fights and survives, one gains, otherwise its The End! I feel the year 2009 is going to be Interesting and Exciting, for the previous mentioned reasons. Recession is here. Employees are being laid off. Companies are falling apart. Stocks are nose-diving. Unemployed are sky-rocketing. Profits are abysmal and hence, the future seems to be gloomy like never before... correct? WRONG! This is the time of introspection, a time when instead of finding short cuts, one needs to know the basics of things and implement with caution. A time to remove the glitches which should have been nipped in the bud. A time for new opportunities, innovation, looking beyond the obvious and yes, to take bolder steps.If you take any Reading Comprehension test, usually a pet question is: The TONE of the author is:1. Sarcastic2. Optimistic3. Objective4. Gloomy5. None of theseI am sure everyone must have got the answer here. Yes, its 2. The time for me is not very good, conventionally. The job is not secured. Just FYI, around 800 to 1000 employees have been laid off from my company as of now and more firing is in the offing with myself being in the RED zone! I have taken a few exams to get into some management colleges. As of now the results have not been as per my desire (Read I havent cracked any test as of now!). I do not have many skills, academic or non academic which can ensure my getting into some other sector. There are a few other issues with me as well which right now have taken the backseat. All in all, I am in a mess right now, professionally. But somehow I am feeling very positive, positive that what is kept in the store is thrilling and that I am required to do only two things: first, I need to work hard and second, I need to focus. For the first time in my life I feel as if I am about to get face to face with loads of challenges and that I will conquer them all. I can assure you, this is a great feeling. I am not getting swayed away with this and am trying to be in good control of self.
Another interesting things is that I am planning to forward my resume to a new venture, a company with the strength of 8. The prospect of working at a company at such initial level might provide me with great details about how a company is run. I might use it later. Knowledge never bites even if not used!
It might sound all rosy, however its not. Everything would come at a cost. As of now it is hard and smart labour which I can put it and in the greatest possible amount from my side. There is no other option and there is no better option!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I liked what you have written. The flow is smooth and shows one coherent thought. It looks like what you call one single piece of writing, undivisible.

I don't wish to put in any more commentary on the style of your writing. It is simple and thats what matters. As for what you are feeling, and going through, I would say that this is probably all you have to remember to come out of this turbulance.

I knew what you are about to say, even as i read this. Mainly because i know you so well.
47 said…
interesting piece...although not in the sense used by u....i agree with dhr sayin that it is one coherent piece .....all pointing towards sumtin.....only wish u come out of this turbulence....which u will,....n also some of ur positive energy rubs off on sum of us....

Popular posts from this blog

My Father - My Superhero

Hero to Zero

Shyamlal - The jamadar